Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Ageing disgracefully

Over at Andraste (http://horsesasspub.blogspot.com/) she talks about ageing gracefully. No, no, no! I believe we should age as disgracefully as possible. Not for me genteel acceptance of crinkles, wrinkles, grey hair, grey clothes, rocking chairs and walking frames. I want to paraglide when I’m 80. I want to wear satin, bright colours, silly shoes, lipstick, perfume and mascara – and if I ever have to get a walking frame, I want it to be a Ferrari designer brand. (Hey, there’s a gap in the market there!). I want every cream, pill, potion and surgical help available to delay the inevitable – I want spare part surgery to replace the failing bits – there is nothing more beautiful than a well kept vintage Rolls Royce! I want to max out my credit cards on luxury and die owing millions!

11 Comments:

Blogger fatmammycat said...

You're channelling Janice Dickenson! Step away from the lotions, step away from it!

5:53 AM  
Blogger happykat said...

Amen sister!

Curses to female facial hair!

6:16 AM  
Blogger SheBah said...

FMC - have just googled Janice Dickenson - what a hot babe!Apparently she'll recount her pursuit of being flawless in a book titled "Everything About Me Is Fake, Now I'm Perfect." It says
"she put the B in bad, the X in excess, the Va in Va-va-varoom.
and attracted A-list lovers as if they were flecks of lint". Definitely my kind of heroine!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Andraste said...

Sweetie - botox and collagen will NOT help you to be paragliding at 80. In fact, if you want to be active at 80, you'd best NOT put any of that shite into your system. And I said nothing about make up, silly shoes, satin...jeez. Nor did I say we should accept rocking chairs and walking frames. For cryin' out loud! I'm not ready for the knitting set...I just said surgery and injections don't FOOL anyone.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

As you get older you have to work harder.

7:19 AM  
Blogger SheBah said...

Andraste - Paint out the grey - you know you're worth it!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Andraste said...

No! I've earned them!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

I admire a woman with a facelift who can banter with the young. Old humans are natural comedians. Look at Joan Rivers.

12:22 AM  
Blogger Monstee said...

Joan Rivers! Me would NOT consider that plastic sugery disaster a well kept vintage Rolls Royce!

1:42 AM  
Blogger Andraste said...

Sooner or later everyone who has plastic surgery ends up looking like the Joker from Batman.

6:34 AM  
Blogger SafeTinspector said...

In the end, we men will all be dead and you girls will need to sort it out for yourself.

testosterone poisoining, I suppose. And judging from my hairy body, balding head, and tendancy to spit while I talk, I'm on the express lane to that ignominious end.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home