Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Inspiration limited


I always thought having a weekly column on a newspaper would be a nice cushy number, but I have changed my mind. I now have the greatest admiration for anyone who can produce topical, well written interesting pieces on a regular basis without losing momentum. Blogs have changed my mind. I can see fellow bloggers with real talent struggling to meet expectations and giving up the ghost when they feel they are falling short of their previous high standard. Commenting is so much easier than writing a blog piece. I have to take my hat off to bloggers like Gorilla Bananas who writes great pieces and never seem to lose momentum.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Well, thank you SB and Dr Maroon. The great thing about blogging is it's not like writing a newspaper column. You can slow the pace whenever you want and edit and re-edit until you're totally happy with what you've written. And you don't have to be topical either. I don't like being topical, because that's vulgar for a gorilla. Obviously I had to comment on Paul and Heather splitting up because of my personal involvement.

7:32 AM  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

He's fab, that ape, although I like all our cyber-group. A tops bunch of folk I'd say.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

I couldn't do topical either, nor originality. Gorilla Bananas and Dr Maroon are my heros.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

The twenty's in the post JM

8:44 AM  
Blogger Mr McGuinness said...

I agree absolutely. I lost all inspiration months ago. I now spend my time posting vaguely pointless comments on other people's blogs....like this one.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home